Sunday, March 6, 2011

How to carry camera equipment?

My question is somewhat rhetorical.  This stems from my frustrations in finding a bag that will hold what I need yet be small enough to be easily carried.  Might as well wish for the moon.

Camera bag shopping is difficult.  Too many choices from far too many similar products.  The products from Think Tank, Lowepro, Tamrac, Kata, Crumpler and others that I do not know are all fine products.

Trying to buy one is another matter.  How to decide what works, what fits and how it performs?  Lug all your gear to a store, spread out on the floor and try to fit, handle, sling over your shoulder and not get either totally embarrased or frustrated.

Yet another cloudy rainy weekend forces me into the local camera stores, hoping that they might have something on display.  I brought my current backpack to the store, full of gear and began some comparisons.  New bags were roughly the same size, they did not sit on my shoulder any better, why am I spending more money?

While I have not given up on a small shoulder bag, the leading candidate is a Think Tank Slingomatic 10, I am just not convinced I should get another bag.

How many bags do you have?  How many work well for you?  How many are you happy with?

Getting out and shooting is some much easier.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TopBlogDir.blogspot.com button Promote Your Blog Follow on Buzz Blog ping service Dreamhost Promotional Codes

Follow Us