Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Photo Shoot 2/26 - 2/27

Another trip to the small stream near my home to test more of my new equipment.  This time I brought more than I needed and my shoulder feels it.  A backpack with 2 extra lenses and a tripod was good exercise.

I captured this using my new Nikon D700 and a new 16-35 Nikkor lens.  I coupled this with my Singh-Ray gold and blue polarizer to give the water and the rocks a shiny deep look on an average looking February afternoon.

River Rocks
The image takes on an almost 3d like quality and the lens is very sharp.  A great combo that will give me the wide close ups I want.  The Singh-Ray polarizer is a special purpose polarizer that does a better job in worse light.  Even though that sounds strange, it is true. I enjoy using filters, especially polarizers.  Many effects can be done in Photoshop or Lightroom but not a polarized effect.


So far my Nikon D700 has been outstanding but I am really getting anxious for Spring so that I can really test the full frame sensor on some real color.

Until next weekend, keep shooting

No comments:

Post a Comment

TopBlogDir.blogspot.com button Promote Your Blog Follow on Buzz Blog ping service Dreamhost Promotional Codes

Follow Us