Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to all

As fall winds down I need to get my home ready for the holidays.  Hopefully some new camera equipment will find its way into my stocking this year.  With winter, the weekend photo shoots may become less frequent but that just means that I have more time to catch up on my processing.

Here are a few images from several weeks ago that I had and not done anything with.  First are some beautiful orchids that I shot at the United States Botanic Garden.  This is the oldest botanic garden in the United States and is fascinating and quite warm on a chilly day.



I really love the petal texture and the colors. I shot this with my Nikon D90 and my Nikkor 24-70 lens, handheld with a fill flash.

Finally some fall foliage to close out the season, I enjoy the golden hues of these sugar maple trees.



Until next time, keep shooting.  Christmas lights and tripods go together really well.



2 comments:

  1. Not only like the color, in the leaves shot, but like the different zones of exposure. I think this is one where it works that not all is in focus. And what makes it different is that what is out-of-focus is color that adds to the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving the depth of field on this
    and that sky is so blue!!
    incredible!
    (seen on blogupp)

    ReplyDelete

TopBlogDir.blogspot.com button Promote Your Blog Follow on Buzz Blog ping service Dreamhost Promotional Codes

Follow Us